2016 Ray Guy Award semifinalists announced
Augusta, Ga. — The Augusta Sports Council and the Ray Guy Award committee announce the ten semifinalists for the 2016 Ray Guy Award.
The semifinalists were chosen from a field of 66 candidates for the award. Returning this year are Hayden Hunt, Colorado State University, Johnny Townsend, University of Florida and Cameron Johnston, Ohio State University.
The candidates were evaluated by the Ray Guy Award committee on their overall statistics and contribution to the team. Particular emphasis was placed on number of punts, gross average, net average, percent inside the 20 and percent not returned. A national voting body of Football Bowling Subdivision (FBS) coaches, sports information directors, national media and former Ray Guy Award winners will decide the three award finalists, who will be announced on November 22. Voters will then vote again to decide the winner who will be announced live December 8 at the The Home Depot College Football Awards in Atlanta, Georgia.
2016 Ray Guy Award Semifinalists:
- Austin Barnes (Jr.), Eastern Michigan University
- Nicholas Conte (Sr.), University of Virginia
- Steven Coutts (So.), University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Joseph Davidson (Jr.), Bowling Green State University
- Michael Dickson (So.), University of Texas
- Hayden Hunt (Sr.), Colorado State University
- Cameron Johnston (Sr.), Ohio State University
- Zach Sinor (So.), Oklahoma State University
- Johnny Townsend (Jr.), University of Florida
- Mitch Wishnowsky (So.), University of Utah